Facelift With Neck Lift Raleigh
Facelift & Necklift Package in Raleigh, NC | JIYA
The face, neck, and hands are the three areas of the body that tend to visibly become aged first. Largely, this is because these areas are almost constantly exposed to the sun and environmental elements year round. Since these highly visible areas are difficult to hide, many people choose to undergo procedures to prevent or treat aging. A facelift and neck lift are two procedures known to both help treat and prevent aging. The Jindal Institute For Youthful Aging provides the best facelift with neck lift Raleigh offers.
Combining Facelift & Neck Lift Surgery: The New Normal
Facelift and neck lifts are technically two separate procedures. A facelift addresses the lower third of the face by removing extra skin and tightening up the tissues. A neck lift does the same for the neck area. However, for both of these surgeries, it almost always spills over into the other area.
For example, when performing a neck lift, the excess skin is pulled upward towards the lower face. Often, this calls for a lower facelift to prevent more extra skin and sagging. While not always necessary for a good result, it is generally recommended that both the lower face and neck are corrected at the same time.
A popular deviation of this is a facelift with platysmaplasty where the neck muscles are tightened, but little to no skin is removed. This procedure is great for patients with prominent neck bands or a “turkey gobbler” neck.
Dr. Jindal frequently combines face and neck lifts with facial contouring via liposuction and fat grafting, upper eyelid surgery, lower eyelid surgery, browlifts, or laser skin resurfacing. He specializes in performing all his procedures under local anesthesia, which allows his patients to recover quickly and mitigate the risks associated with general anesthesia.
Undergoing a combined facelift with neck lift procedure offers many benefits and advantages—both aesthetically and logistically. Some of the benefits include:
- Younger facial profile
- Overall more youthful appearance
- Treatment of wrinkles on the face and neck
- Extra skin removal
- Corrects sagging skin
- Tightening of the facial and neck muscles
- Enhanced definition of the jawline
- Eliminates the need for more surgical sessions when combined
- Results complement each other
- Reposition descended fat structures
- May reduce the appearance of a double chin
- Hidden, small incisions
- Long lasting results
- Safe and fairly low risk
- Quick surgery (in most cases)
- Limited recovery necessary
- Performed under local anesthesia
- Personalized results based on your anatomy and goals
- Performed by a dedicated plastic surgeon who specializes in facelifts
From Start To Finish: A Facelift With Neck Lift
The first appointment you will have at JIYA is a consultation to meet Dr. Jindal. During this meeting, he will determine if you are a good candidate for a facelift with neck lift. You will have the opportunity to ask any questions and determine if Dr. Jindal is the right fit for your surgery.
Dr. Jindal will bring up several talking points during the consultation including what your expectations and goals are, specific concerns you may have, medications you take, if you smoke, and other aspects of your medical history. He may also want to physically examine the lower face and neck to evaluate skin quality, amount of loose skin, and the tightness of the muscles.
Following this, Dr. Jindal will decide if you are a candidate or not. Based on your medical history, he may want you to obtain clearances, testing, or records. Otherwise, he will describe what you can expect from the procedure and results. If you are not a good candidate, Dr. Jindal will posit other procedures or alternatives to help achieve your goals.
As mentioned above, the exact preparations you need to take may differ from another patient because of variances in health, medications, anatomy, etc. However, some basic instructions apply to most people. A few directions for preparing for surgery that Dr. Jindal may provide include:
- Stop or start medications based on Dr. Jindal’s instruction
- Make lodging, transportation, and/or caregiving arrangements well in advance
- Do not eat the night before (or day of) surgery
- Wear loose clothing that buttons or zips up
- Stop taking NSAIDs, blood thinners, and certain supplements with blood thinning effects if possible
- Do not smoke
- Make any hair appointments before surgery as you will not be able to dye or perm your hair for several weeks
- Fill prescriptions before surgery
- Ensure you understand the procedure and expected results
On the day of surgery, local anesthesia is administered and potentially along with an oral sedative. From there, Dr. Jindal will make the necessary incisions. Usually, this consists of an incision behind each ear and potentially incisions in the hairline and directly under the chin. This will depend on the needs and extent of your surgery.
Through these incisions, Dr. Jindal will trim away extra skin and tighten the muscles. In some cases, he may also use liposuction to remove unnecessary and stubborn fat. Finally, before closing the incisions, Dr. Jindal pulls the remaining skin tight for younger looking contours of the face and neck.
Immediately after your facelift with a neck lift, you will need to have a caregiver drive you home and take care of you for the first 24 hours. While Dr. Jindal will encourage you to get up and walk around occasionally, rest is the most important part of your early recovery. Dr. Jindal prescribes pain medication and an antibiotic after surgery, as well as some dietary recommendations to aid in your healing. Many of Dr. Jindal’s patients elect to use IV therapy provided by JIYA to help speed their recovery.
Within a day, most patients feel reasonably okay to do basic tasks on their own. Though, you should continue to rest and avoid any activities that involve exerting yourself and sun exposure.
Other directions Dr. Jindal may provide for your recovery include:
- Elevate the head of the bed and/or sleep in a recliner
- Do not get the incisions wet
- Continue to avoid NSAIDs
- Get up and walk every hour or so
- Follow provided dietary recommendations
- Avoid wearing makeup or applying products for at least one week
- Wear a compression garment or wrap if required
- Wait four to six weeks before resuming injections or professional skincare like chemical peels
- Attend all post-operative appointments
- If from far away, remain close by for at least one week
Frequently Asked Questions
A facelift with neck lift tends to last an average of about ten years. Unfortunately, there is no way to completely stop the aging process. While the procedure can turn back the clock, it cannot stop it from ticking after surgery. Still, your facelift and neck lift will simply bring you back to your state before surgery which is still younger than your age at the time.
Some people choose to undergo additional facelifts in the future. However, this is not needed to see permanent effects after a facelift with neck lift.
Yes, there are many non-surgical options available. It is important to note that they cannot replace a surgical procedure. If you are still young and not quite ready for a facelift, but want to address the signs of aging, there are options.
- Thread Lift: Using absorbable threads, a thread lift can lift specific structures. It is often used in the jaw and cheeks to maintain a youthful appearance. As the threads absorb over a few months, they increase the collagen response to leave lasting results.
- Facetite: A combination of radiofrequency, heat, and non-surgical liposuction to tighten the skin and structures of the skin. Ideal for younger patients with extra skin, mild sagging, and good quality skin. It can even provide results to people who do not want facelift surgery at all. Though, it does not remove skin, it is typically combined with Morpheus8 Radiofrequency microneedling to help with skin texture, additional tightening, and more.
- Liquid Facelift: Neuromodulators, dermal fillers, plasma, and other injectable options can come together to rejuvenate the skin and face. Often involves adding volume via fillers and addressing dynamic wrinkles with neurotoxins. Plasma can also help add volume and has several benefits for the skin itself.
- Fat Grafting: Volume loss can be one of the first changes noticed in the aging process. By using your own fat, volume can strategically be replaced to maintain a youthful and vibrant appearance.
Even commonly performed and relatively safe surgeries do come with some risks. While minimal and with a rarity of major complications, Dr. Jindal will discuss the risks with you and evaluate your individual risk profile. Some of the risks of a facelift with neck lift include:
- Complications associated with anesthesia
- Unsatisfactory result
- Skin death
- Nerve damage
- Raised or visible scars
- Over resection of the skin
- Blood clots
- Excessive bleeding
- Fluid collection
- Prolonged side effects
On average, patients look between seven and twelve years younger following a facelift and neck lift. However, this will vary widely from patient to patient depending on their current age and the condition of their face, as well as what other procedures and add-ons a patient may choose to add. Dr. Jindal can provide a better estimate following a consultation.
Before & After
Dr. Sumeet Jindal is an accomplished surgeon who specializes in facial plastic surgery and non-surgical facial rejuvenation. At his practice—the Jindal Institute of Youthful Aging—he focuses specifically on facial procedures, allowing him to provide them with higher precision and skill. He also is on the cutting edge of the industry by offering plasma injections and the newest skin tightening technologies and combines his procedures with IV therapy and dietary recommendations to help patients heal as quickly as possible
To learn more and schedule a consultation, call us or reach out online via contact form or Price Simulator.