Low Cost Chin Liposuction in Raleigh, NC | JIYA
Understanding Facial Liposuction
From a procedure standpoint, facial liposuction is essentially the same as liposuction anywhere else on the body. However, the smaller scale, unique aesthetics, and precise anatomy of the face make this a much more complicated procedure than liposuction on larger body areas. Therefore, facial liposuction is generally carried out by an experienced facial plastic surgeon such as Dr. Jindal.
Dr. Jindal performs facial procedures under local anesthesia. This reduces risks and side effects while also keeping the patient perfectly comfortable. Since the average face lipo surgery is under one hour—sometimes even under thirty minutes—local anesthesia is viable and often preferred.
Facial liposuction is effective as a stand-alone treatment, but is also combined with other procedures for maximal benefit. Some of these include:
– Facetite for non-surgical face/neck skin tightening and additional contouring
– Morpheus8 RF Microneedling for non-surgical face/neck tightening and helping with fine lines/wrinkles
– InnerBeauty Fillers – using fat that was harvested via liposuction to fill in other areas of the face, such as the chin, cheeks, tear troughs, temples, or jawline to enhance your outcomes
– Hyaluronic Acid Fillers for volume and wrinkles
– Deep neck lifts, that address fat that is beneath the chin/neck muscles and can contribute to significant heaviness in the “double chin” area
- More defined facial features
- Less childish appearance; patients look closer to their real age
- Remove descended or excess fat in the face
- Improve and complement facelift results
- Correct facial asymmetry
- Harvest fat for transfer elsewhere on the face
- Contribute to a younger look
- Quick and minimally invasive
- Long lasting, potentially permanent results
- Performed under local anesthesia
- Limited recovery and downtime
- Small, hidden scars
- Viable for adults of all ages
- Safe and low risk
- Performed by skilled oculoplastic and facial plastic surgeon
- Visible or raised scarring
- Nerve damage
- Skin necrosis
- Damage to anatomical structures
- Prolonged or severe side effects such as bruising or swelling
- Unsatisfactory result
Types Of Facial Liposuction
Plastic surgeons perform liposuction all around the body. Since the face is smaller and contains more condensed fat, there are only a few areas where liposuction is possible. Additionally, even though it is possible in all of these areas does not mean liposuction in these areas is common or recommended in most situations.
Of the facial structures where liposuction is possible the chin is the most frequently performed facial lipo treatment. Also known as submental liposuction, chin liposuction can remove the pocket of fat that sometimes develops under the chin due to genetics, weight fluctuation, and other factors.
The procedure usually takes under an hour and can provide an overall slimming effect on the face. While common among patients in their twenties who never saw submental fat thin out, many facelift patients also undergo submental liposuction.
Neck liposuction removes extra fat that can settle on the neck due to age. It is sometimes combined with a neck lift, but there are times when fat can collect on the neck without the presence of extra skin. Like with chin liposuction, the procedure is around an hour or less and is performed under local anesthesia.
Jaw liposuction is not overly common outside of facelift surgery or similar procedures. While the jaw can collect extra fat, it almost always comes with extra skin known as jowling which occurs during the more advanced signs of aging. During facelift surgery, Dr. Jindal may strategically use liposuction to improve and define facial features.
In recent years, cheek liposuction has fallen out of favor. Largely, this is due to the increased popularity of buccal fat pad removal which surgical excises cheek fat. The incisions are inside the mouth and the results are more reliable than liposuction. With lipo, patients and surgeons must rely on the structures to settle correctly.
Buccal fat removal takes out many of these factors. Still, there are some occasions where Dr. Jindal may recommend cheek liposuction or where liposuction is performed alongside buccal fat removal.
The Face Lipo Procedure
On the day of your facial liposuction in Raleigh at JIYA, the first step Dr. Jindal will take is to outline the liposuction areas. This prevents him from removing fat from areas where you want to keep it. It also lessens the chance of a hollowed look which can age the face.
Dr. Jindal will then inject a local anesthetic to numb the treatment areas. You may have also taken an oral sedative sometime before the procedure. Once properly numb, Dr. Jindal will make the first small incision to act as an entry point for the liposuction cannula. He may then use a blunt cannula to create tunnels and help break up the fat. The injected local anesthetic also aids in this process. Dr. Jindal then will start the suction to remove fat from the target areas.
As previously mentioned, this generally takes under one hour. You should feel little to no discomfort during the procedure. Immediate results may be noticeable, but final results take months to settle in.
Frequently Asked Questions
Most people these days opt for buccal fat removal because it addresses the area of the cheek they want to define—on top of and below the cheekbone. However, if you want to treat other parts of the cheek outside of where the buccal fat pad sits, then liposuction is the best choice.
Dr. Jindal sometimes will use both buccal fat removal and liposuction. This depends on the specifics of the patient’s anatomy and goals. During a consultation, Dr. Jindal will discuss the right procedure for you.
As mentioned before, regardless of how sedated you are, the treated areas are numbed so you do not feel any pain. You may feel some pressure at times, but overall, patients remain perfectly comfortable during their facial liposuction surgery in Raleigh.
Facial liposuction recovery instructions vary from patient to patient and the exact procedure. Generally, you can expect to see some minor swelling, bruising, and redness. Most patients return to work within one week. Some of the instructions Dr. Jindal may provide include:
- Wear compression garment
- Elevate the head of the bed when resting or sleeping
- Follow dietary recommendations
- Avoid NSAIDs
- Do not drink or smoke
- Take prescribed medications
- Attend all post-operative appointments
- Do not massage unless instructed
- Cease products such as retinol
- Do not apply any products or makeup until cleared by Dr. Jindal
Facial fat removal must be done precisely and carefully. If too much fat is taken, this can cause a gaunt and aged look that only gets worse with age. Therefore, removing fat from the face requires a strategy and knowledge of facial structures and aging. When done correctly and sparingly, facial liposuction should not make you look older.